Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. Headquartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary: Oversees all production, warehouse, and office functions to promote growth and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all production functions with a proven track record in expense control and productivity gains.
- Participates in the Quality System processes such as ISO continuous improvement efforts driven by his own ideas, continuous improvement teams and problem solving related issues either internal or customers.
- Ensure compliance with company and industry policies and procedures.
- Insures that associates are properly attired and protected in a safe condition at all times.
- Follows acceptable attendance and punctuality procedures and that of the associates reporting to him.
- Increase overall productivity of the branch by implementing training, eliminating inefficiencies and promoting growth.
- Assesses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the business; evaluates external opportunities.
- Provides leadership in the execution of critical production processes and measurements, calibration and maintaining of equipment or instruments.
- Meets with all departments to understand processes and evaluate for continuous improvement.
- Maintain customer relationships, manage daily operations, and improves customer service.
- Maintains the facility in a clean, organized and safe condition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong self starter that can work independently but also be a team player
- Leader, able to direct employees and resolve any differences
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- Must have a basic understanding of technology and Microsoft systems.
- Aptitude for problem solving and the ability to self- teach is required.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact initiatives.
Level of Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency is required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred
- College of technical trade certification in lieu of degree
- Manufacturing leadership training or experience
- 3+ years of warehouse management or supervisory experience
- Previous industrial and contractor supply knowledge is preferred
- Experience with a Total Quality environment such as ISO-AWS helpful
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bending or standing on a step stool as necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, and fax machines.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more.
Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the option to do a reference and/or background check.
***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.