Build NY Online Planroom Service is looking for a full-time Construction News Reporter to research
and obtain timely and accurate information about construction projects that are in the planning
and/or design stages throughout Upstate New York
- Identifies new sources for information about construction-related projects; establish contact
and build relationships within the construction community for the purpose of developing story
- Researches and monitors pertinent publications and outlets, including newspapers, web sites,
government minutes and reports, etc. and extract relevant construction-related information.
- Performs data entry for projects in the pre-bid phase of construction
- Updates previously reported projects and report current information for various publications.
- Responds to telephone and e-mail inquiries from members regarding information contained in
the construction project news.
- Represents the organization at industry functions, trade shows, field visits, etc. as required
- Maintains current addresses, phone numbers, fax, email, etc. of all contacts within the
- Communicates with other associated planrooms so that information is accurate in the online
- Assists other members of the planroom as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good keyboard skills for data entry.
- Good reading and comprehension skills for reviewing spec books and projects.
- Computer experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook; database software and desk top publishing software
- Team player
- Works well in a small office environment
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS.