Monroe Piping & Sheet Metal, LLC is currently seeking a Controller for our corporate office in Rochester, NY. The Controller is responsible for preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports. This position will report to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for posting journal entries, deposits, expenditures and all other necessary accounting activity on a daily basis to achieve timely and accurate preparation, review and distribution of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reconciliation packages, including but not limited to bank reconciliation’s, investments, fixed assets, note receivables & note payable, and any other inter-company account.
- Assist the CFO in developing and maintaining monthly operating revenue, finance and G&A expense budgets. Provides updates of actual monthly financial performance for inclusion in cash flow analysis and participates in maintenance and update of cash flow analysis.
- Works with Cash Management to review and maintain sufficient cash balances in assigned entities to achieve all operating and capital contribution goals, forecasts and expectations.
- Review expenses, invoices, PO’s and other payables to insure they are reviewed, approved, posted and paid in timely and accurate manner. Has discretion to reclassify accounts data when required.
- Assist the CFO in reviewing financial statements, bank reconciliation’s, investments, fixed assets, note receivable & note payable and any other inter-company account.
- Develops operating and capital budgets, including cash requirements. Coordinates with financing to fulfill identified requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring template budgets are created and then uploaded each year working with Senior Management.
- Prepare and lead accounting review meetings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee accounts payable. Confirm required approvals and make timely payments to vendors.
- Maintain a financial reporting system and provide timely reports to senior management, including periodic performance to budgets, cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheets.
- Verifies accuracy and timeliness of financial data by internal audit and third-party statements.
- Maintains security of financial information and insures appropriate control and accountability for cash and other receipts.
- Exercise significant initiative, discretion, independent judgment, personal awareness, demonstrate confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Perform complex financial analysis including cash flow projections and work in progress reports
- Collaborate with the accounting team
- Supervise three (3) to four (4) accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting
- Experience working in the construction industry preferred
- Advanced proficiency in excel
- Ability to work with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and analytical with assigned work
- Experience in managing all areas of Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounting
- Experience in managing cash flow
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis
- Supervisory Experience
Send resumes to: TPeterson@monroepiping.com