Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Job Classification: Full Time Position with Benefits
Location: Power Group, Henrietta, NY
Travel required office locations and project sites across NY State and the Northeast
Our Diesel Mechanic plays a critical role in keeping our large vehicles and equipment running at peak performance, allowing our field work force to efficiently bring projects in on time and budget. This position will perform the duties of a trained diesel mechanic looking to expand their knowledge by being involved in inspecting, repairing, and maintaining diesel vehicles and equipment including diesel generators and on/off road service vehicles.
The following responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the needs of our various divisions within the company.
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests to identify worn and damaged
- Maintain equipment and have available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, and completing winterization
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting as
- Be diligent about managing vehicle records and annotating services/repairs.
- Maintain shop equipment by following operating procedures, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and calling for
- Maintain commonly used parts supply by inventorying stock and verifying
- Stay current with job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading and understanding technical and regulatory
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- 18 years of age or
- High School diploma or
- Diesel engine repair training or equal
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment, criminal and driving background
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug
- Able to work outdoors in extreme all-weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Work a 40-hour work week, with flexible hours as
- Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds with or without
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces, frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment, and work from various heights to make
- Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe
Resumes should be submitted to OCECAREERS@OCONNELLELECTRIC.COM