Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop comprehensive cost estimates through:
- Reviewing drawings and specifications for completeness.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Understand HVAC and Plumbing systems and the design intent.
- Solicit pricing from required subcontractors/vendors and evaluate proposals.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor/vendor relationships.
- Write scopes of work for subcontractors.
- Complete material take-off utilizing estimating software and analyze data.
- Review the estimate with management and have the ability to present to the client.
- Provide written narratives to adequately describe mechanical scope of work.
- Follow-up with customer/client
- Participate in project kick-off meetings and turnover to project manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and time management skills.
- Able to multi task and take on several projects at once.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Previous mechanical estimating experience, relevant field experience or education in mechanical construction.
- Ability to perform detailed work in a specified timeframe.
- Must be a self starter with a strong sense of urgency.
Our company offers a complete benefit package. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org