Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. Headquartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary: Operates or tends sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes all safety procedures, rules and regulations, and instructions in performance of job duties.
- Measures, cuts and sews nylon and synthetic materials to work order and customer specifications in a safe and efficient manner; includes special orders.
- Assembles slings to work order and customer requirements and specifications.
- Evaluates and inspects the quality of finished products to specifications for self and other Associates when necessary.
- Records work completion of all work orders processed
- Monitors machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Performs equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Assists in the Warehouse when necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior sewing experience and machine operating experience in a production environment is highly desired.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team setting meeting strict deadlines.
- Must have the ability to sew exactly to specific customer specifications.
- Must be able to read instructions, evaluate numbers, fractions and measuring requirements.
- Must be able to make accurate measurements.
Level of Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and machine operation and exposure to quality systems is desired.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Occasional: lifting and carrying 20 to 50 lbs., lifting and carrying 50 to 100 lbs. (with assistance), climbing stairs and climbing ladders.
- Frequent : standing and walking.
- Constant: sitting, lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs., repetitive use of hands and arms.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more.
Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the option to do a reference and/or background check.
***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.