Parts and Inventory Control Specialist
Administers parts operations within the Agricultural / Small Engine department to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Optimizes parts department processes. Responsibilities include assisting customers and technicians, taking parts orders, researching technical data for the correct part or parts, data entry and inventory control.
- Effectively manage inventory and stock levels ensuring adequate inventory and efficient use of warehouse space
- Process customer and shop orders, backorders, credits and quotes
- Establish procedures for parts department to maximize inventory security and minimize loss
- Receive shipments of supplies and materials; inspect for damages and completeness of order
- Verify goods received against bills of lading, invoices or purchase orders
- Count, measure and weigh incoming goods
- Receive copies of purchase orders and files for retrieval when goods are received.
- Inspect shipments for hazardous material labels and MSDS sheets
- Unload and unpack incoming shipments
- Complete daily receiving records and verifies orders in company operating system
- Monitor and close open purchase orders along with other administrative needs
- Look up parts via supplied computer programs for brands we service
- Process returns and warranty claims timely
- Maximize use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Able and willing to perform warehouse duties as assigned
- Keep parts department clean and orderly
- Communicate parts order status to technicians and shop management
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with company policies
- Experience in parts department operations and inventory
- Ability to read and understand parts catalogs and service manual
- Excellent customer service skills
- Mechanical aptitude and computer skills needed
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, technicians, staff andco-workers;verbally, phone, text and e-mail
Must have the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally, sitting for extended periods of time, extending and elevating arms into different positions.
American Equipment, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer. To build a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org