Planroom Coordinator Job Purpose: Supports company operations by coordinating & maintaining work load & office systems necessary to assist Builders Exchange in planroom services
Planroom Coordinator Duties:
- Maintains & responsible for planroom efficiency and appearance by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, equipment & supplies procurement.
- Scan paper plans using the plotter
- Convert electronic plans using Adobe & Universal Document Converter printer
- Name plans and upload plans to server using specified computer programs
- Maintain plotter with paper & toner, turn in plotter evaluation to supplier and order supplies as needed
- Completes operational requirements as backup with receiving incoming blueprint orders & printing as needed; following up on work results.
- Print all requested print orders in a timely fashion (plans, specs, addenda, etc)
- Fill out print order request forms
- Ensure proper plan delivery/pick-up, checking plans, checking member signature & payment form
- Process shipping of plans as requested
- Alphabetize print orders for accounting every Friday
- Directly communicates with management team & other Exchanges by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist / support staff & member walk-ins via phone & email
- Data entry as required for maintaining planroom projects or adding plans and specifications to website.
- Weekly cleanout of planroom boxes
- Monthly cleanout of plans stored in basement
- Answer phone/member questions via email/telephone
- Troubleshoot – planroom issues online or physical planroom
- Correspond with IT to troubleshoot online issues
- Add / Remove users
- Other tasks & duties as assigned
- Sense of Urgency
- Attention to Details
- Ability to Manage Multiple Assignments
- Following Standards Promoting Process Improvement
- Communication & Informing Others
- Prioritizing & Managing Processes
- Inventory Control
- Desire to work independently
- Reporting Skills & Data Entry
- Strong PC skills i.e. Word, Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Detailed oriented with ability to analyze construction reports
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative, be proactive and intuitive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 2-5 years direct planroom / construction field experience