O’Connell Electric Company is a full-service electrical contractor serving New York State and surrounding regions of the northeast. We maintain fully staffed offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Albany metro area along with our corporate headquarters in Victor, NY.
Founded in 1911, the company has steadily grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States. We provide comprehensive design build, construction, service, maintenance, and emergency response services to customers across the Northeast. Our dedicated service divisions cover all key areas of the industry from electrical construction, power generation, substations, and transmission/distribution to transportation, technical services, renewable energy, and communications.
Job Classification: Full Time Position with Benefits
Location: Henrietta, NY
As the Project Coordinator for our Victor Construction Division, you will play an important role in helping various functions of the team operate at peak efficiency. You will be responsible for coordinating support efforts for projects from start to close-out, provide administrative support for the General Manager and multiple Project Managers, answer phones, and coordinate scheduling as well as perform various general administrative tasks. You will also coordinate office activities and operations as needed to support a busy and growing division of O’Connell Electric.
The right person for this job is self-motivated, detail-oriented, computer savvy and efficient at keeping up with a busy work environment that changes daily. We are looking for someone with strong initiative that will take responsibility for tasks, promote teamwork and collaboration, and possess strong organizational planning and management skills.
This position will include performing various functions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Project Managers with job setups and document control through life-cycle of project, providing frequent communication to management team with project status
- Be diligent with record keeping according to company policies, including project documents and safety
- Assist with all functions of scheduling including contract billing, manpower, kickoff and descope, training, and others as
- Provide operational support for projects including meal and hotel reservations, travel accommodations, project setup/closeout documents, etc. as
- Provide administrative support including ordering plans and specs, bid preparation, ordering bonds, maintaining work request logs, manage contract agreements, insurances and certificates, and various other functions as needed by Division and Project Managers as well as
- Be involved in implementing company policy, methodologies, procedures and best practices as they apply to company’s project management
Required Competencies/Skills (not listed in order of importance):
• Knowledge and experience in one or more areas, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Software, including Microsoft Project, Prolog – Timberline/Primavera is a plus
• Must be proficient in decision-making and time management skills and demonstrate leadership traits to be successful in a busy, supportive role for a large team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
• Open to change, creative in problem-solving and innovative in generating new ideas and work practices
• Experience and knowledge in the construction industry is a plus, but will train the right person
Directions for Applying
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.