The Project Manager will manage complex public and private construction projects, ranging in excess of $20 million. The position of Project Manager is considered a supervisory position on multiple projects. Although this position will be required to oversee multiple project superintendents and field workers, the primary responsibility will be to the bottom- line of the projects as well as assuring safety, schedule and quality. The Project Manager’s job is to assist in planning the schedule and coordinate all phases of Taylor projects, including job cost accounting and billing procedures, liaison with the owner, architects, subcontractors and suppliers. Project Manager will report to the President and CEO directly.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep experience in:
- Managing multiple small – large, complex construction projects.
- Developing and managing detailed budgets and schedules.
- Knowledge of NFPA standards and building codes.
- Ability to cost estimate complex projects and identify way to drive down costs.
- Managing and supervising multiple design partners, contractors, and trades.
- Developing and reviewing Methods of Procedures (MOPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all critical work activities.
- Conducting design and construction meetings with external professional, internal Taylor Construction/Corporation employees, and external Taylor Construction/Corporation customers.
- Managing bid processes, approving change orders, and processing payments.
- Enforce project document control as it pertains to:
4. Change Orders
6. Pay Applications
9. Drawing Logs
10. Close-out Documentation
- Promote long-term relationships for future business development.
- Ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Strong work ethic and honesty
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and real estate budgeting/accounting.
- Experience with contract and vendor management.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Preference for operating with substantial independence and strongly self- motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interface effectively with clients, peers across Taylor and Taylor senior management.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong influencing skills through the use of facts and logical arguments and the development of trusting relationships with clients.
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to brain storm in teams and think outside of the box.
- Excellent organizational navigation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to champion innovation and creative thinking.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work productively in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years Project Management experience in construction.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture required.
- Master’s Degree and higher education is a plus.
- LEED® AP certified preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project.
- Strong technical writing skills required.
Company Benefit Information
In return for superior leadership we reward our employees with paid vacation, flexible benefit package consisting of health, dental, life, AD&D, enhanced short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending account and dependent care, and 401(k) profit sharing plan. The company rewards exceptional service with lucrative bonuses. Signing bonus will be considered!
* To apply for this position please send an electronic resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: RochesterGC@yahoo.com. Mail: Taylor – The Builders; c/o Project Manager; 2580 Baird Road, Penfield, NY 14526
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!