Are you an expert in Construction Inside Sales or a similar industry?
If the answer is YES – see what Horizon Solutions has to offer!
In this position you will:
- Proactively pursue and develop opportunities to quote and provide value engineering for specific Horizon products and/or services within the Contractor Market and with a technical focus on Lighting and Lighting Control products within the Albany geography.
- Identify opportunities for quote of Lighting and Lighting control products and solutions from specifications and job plans. Develop bill of material and create competitive quote that maximizes Horizon products and profit and exceed customer expectations.
- Consult with contractors to assist in the development of the bill of material, provide value engineering services and quote alternatives. Actively participate in the sales process, negotiations and close of sales.
- Monitor and analyze quote opportunities and sales results identify trends. Provide feedback and recommendations for improved results to management, other sales personnel, and key vendors
- Partner with switchgear and motor control partners to negotiate job assignments; effectively utilize pricing programs to ensure best price and multiplier available.
- Independently identify opportunities for quote in the marketplace; provide value engineering, create bill of material and negotiate exclusive Horizon pricing for quotes.
- Technical Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Electrical Engineering and/or Technology preferred.
- Knowledge of features, benefits and use/application of switchgear and motor control products with preference for Horizon products.
- Ability to read electrical specifications, identify and develop a bill of material and provide value engineering alternatives; previous experience with these skills in a sales environment preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the direct customer selling process and techniques; including the ability to close sales.
- Ability to determine and negotiate product cost and establish competitive pricing; previous experience preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills; ability to work independently and prioritize tasks; strong attention to detail and analytical ability required.
Location: 28 Van Buren Blvd, Altamont, NY 12009 *WILL RELOCATE the right candidate!!!
Compensation: Competitive compensation and superior benefits and time off package
Employment type: full-time