RESIDENTIAL MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
Community Services/Support RESID01056
Community Services in Monroe County
- Remain alert and responsive while on scheduled shift(s).
- Is compliant with all Policies and Procedures of the Mary Cariola Community Services Department and the Agency at large.
- Navigates the Agency’s IntrAnet, time tracking program and the Agency’s email system. Regularly checks the IntrAnet, time card and email and is responsible for all information shared in written and electronic form. Approves time card according to the payroll schedule and responds to email requests in a timely manner
- Maintains and monitors building systems in all residences and performs necessary routine duties.
- Maintains and monitors required Life Safety devices.
- Maintains exterior premises of the residential property which would include but is not limited to snow removal, grass cutting, gardening, tree pruning, etc..
- Assures that residential vehicles are maintained properly and that all necessary inspections are completed.
- Makes repairs to the residences and their contents as needed.
- Provides needed interior improvements such as patching drywall and painting.
- Constructs simple therapy/residential materials and/or equipment as designed by the treatment team to paint, varnish and/or cover such materials and/or equipment.
- Transports materials and/or equipment between residences.
- Assists the Activities Coordinator at each residence in the opening and closing of the pools.
- Provides needed repairs to equipment and appliances as warranted at the residences.
The work environment is primarily in a residential setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to individuals who engage in aggressive, destructive and attention-seeking behaviors that may involve exposure to body fluids. The residential environment is climate controlled. The employee is required to participate in travel and outside work activities; therefore, exposure to various outside weather conditions exists. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.