O’Connell Electric Company is a full-service electrical contractor serving New York State and surrounding regions of the northeast. We maintain fully staffed offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Albany metro area along with our corporate headquarters in Victor, NY.
Founded in 1911, the company has steadily grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States. We provide comprehensive design build, construction, service, maintenance, and emergency response services to customers across the Northeast. Our dedicated service divisions cover all key areas of the industry from electrical construction, power generation, substations, and transmission/distribution to transportation, technical services, renewable energy, and communications.
Job Title: Service Coordinator/Dispatcher
Job Classification: Full Time Position with Benefits
Location: Victor Office – Reports to Service Division Manager
Our Service Coordinator plays an important role at the forefront of our Service Division. You will be responsible for assisting customers and clients by phone, email, and other communications to respond to questions, concerns and service requests along with dispatching our technicians and managing work orders. You will also assist multiple Project Managers in the Service Department with various administrative duties including job setup, billing, scheduling, and closing out jobs.
The individual in this role must utilize strong communication and phone skills, demonstrate patience, confidence and professionalism, and be purpose driven. Your success in this position will depend on your interpersonal communication skills as you will be dealing with our field technicians and our customers on a daily basis, whom both respond differently to various communication styles.
This position will include performing various functions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer calls for service, emergencies, bid requests, complaints and general inquiries, and respond accordingly by dispatching service technician or collecting and forwarding information to appropriate personnel within the department.
- Schedule service calls as necessary and follow-through with project to completion.
- Complete job setups, relay customer and job information to service technician via work order using appropriate communication methods, schedule work accordingly, review completed work with technician at completion of job to determine if more work is necessary and take appropriate action.
- Assist service technicians as needed with advisement of Project Managers (i.e. material, equipment, labor, etc.)
- Manage service work orders and necessary paperwork to ensure efficient billing and job closeout is completed
- Maintain accurate schedule of all service department technicians, responding to labor needs of Project Managers and Foremen by supplying labor as needed.
- Effectively manage time/scheduling conflicts with service department and payroll department.
Required Competencies/Skills (not listed in order of importance):
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Experience with invoicing and billing setup is preferred – will train the right person.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Experience with scheduling software helpful or demonstrated ability to learn technology efficiently.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent listening/communication skills.
- Ability to work in busy environment and promote team work and collaboration.
- Motivation to take initiative and responsibility for tasks given.
Directions for Applying
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.