POSITION SUMMARY: The Superintendent shall supervise 30+ subcontractors, consultants, and vendors daily. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security personnel. Superintendent shall supervise all Assistant-Superintendents.
- Ability to lead the field of subcontractors to maintain schedule
- Maintain a culture of safety-first construction, follow good housekeeping rules, and enforce company safety infraction policy
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously if needed
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and plan work in a deliberate manner to best manage punch list and owner turn-over
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Manage weekly superintendent/foreman meetings to maintain constant schedule and coordinate with Project Manager’s master schedule and milestones
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite
- Conduct routine quality inspections to ensure that the correct material is being installed properly and per the contract documents
- Be a respected leader to all subcontractors that makes fair and firm decisions that are budget/schedule conscious, keeping an eye on job cost and overruns, and working with the owners and architects
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: . 5-7+ years of experience in field supervision of commercial construction projects from 10M+, or equivalent role, in the construction industry. Degree in Construction Management, or related field, preferred. Candidates must understand the construction industry, job site safety requirements, planning and scheduling, building trades and sequence of work, and relevant technology. Key competencies are detail oriented, ability to work well with others, good communication skills, good computer skills, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, initiative, teamwork, and dependability. Must be able to read plans and specifications. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook, Microsoft Project experience preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physically lift up to 50 lbs. Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures. This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other
business machines. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and use hands and arms to feel or reach. Will occasionally be required to sit.
TYPICAL WORK CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.