The Builders Exchange of Rochester 2018 Craftmanship & Lifetime Achievement Award Winners were announced at a reception at Locust Hill on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
The Lifetime Achievement Awards were created in 1995 to recognize these and other important qualities in an individual’s years in the construction industry. Over the last couple of months, nominations were received, and a select group of people were chosen by the anniversary executive committee to join the list of previous award recipients listed in your program. The winners of the awards each have impacted the construction industry in different ways. Many have led companies or played a significant role in the success of one or more firms. All have touched thousands of people of Rochester over their careers – be it through the various industries they work with, the charitable work that they do, or the people who interact with their creations!
The Builders Exchange is proud to honor the following recipients of a Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Kevin Cannan of AAC Contracting
- Richard Clark of Villager Construction
- Lyle Corey of LeChase Construction (Posthumously)
- John “Al” Hellaby of Wegmans Construction Group
- Mark Kulzer of Klein Reinforcing Services
- Frank Marianacci of Frank A. Marianacci In. General Contracting
- Daniel Mossien of Mossien Associates Architects
- Gary Squires of Manning, Squires, Henning Co. Inc.
Craftsmanship is a word we use a lot on a day-to-day basis. The Builders Exchange believes that it is important for every one of our members to realize what it means to be craftsmen and how it sets them apart in what they do. Webster’s dictionary, has two meanings for the word craftsman: (1) a workman who practices a trade or handicraft; and (2) one who creates or performs with skill or dexterity, especially in the manual arts. It is the second of these definitions that is especially important, for while every one of our workers in the field might be considered craftsmen under the first definition, it is only those exceptional few who fall under the second.
The Builders Exchange is proud to recognize the following local craftsmen for awards:
- Mark Gregoire, Crosby-Brownlie, Inc for his process ventilation work at the American Packaging Plant in Churchville
- John Fox & Mark Brunner, O’Connell Electric, for their electrical construction work on RG&E Station 122
- Browen Timothy, Rochester Davis Fetch, for his interior systems construction work on the Monroe Community College Theater Renovation
- Hein Ta, LeChase Construction, for his masonry work at The Chapel at St. John Fisher College
- Roy Schumacher, O’Connell Electric, for his electrical construction work at the Sheds Compressor Station in Sheds NY
- Thomas Zielke, O’Connell Electric, for his electrical construction work at Mercy Hospital Substation replacement Project
- David Prest, Rochester Rigging & Erectors, for his structural steel construction at University of Rochester – Fauver Dorm
- Jay Stanley, Manning Squires Hennig, for his masonry reconstruction work at the Chautauqua Institute Amphitheater
- Lynn Reagle & Jason Orr, The Pike Company, for their masonry work on the Rochester Train Station
- Keith Marten, O’Connell Electric, for his electrical construction on the RED Rochester Boiler Conversion Project at Kodak Park
- Gary Black, US Ceiling Corp, for his interior systems work at the Bergmann Office at Tower 280
- JR Levis, EG Sackett Company, for his interior Tile, Stone and Brick masonry work at the Del Lago Casino & Hotel