ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Our Accounts Payable Specialist provides financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring all valid accounts
payable transactions are accurately recorded and paid in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Review invoices for appropriate documentation, sales tax treatment, and approval prior to payment.
• Match invoices to purchase orders, charge expenses to appropriate project numbers and cost codes
as well as general ledger accounts.
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
• Process check runs and mail vendor checks.
• Audit and process credit card bills (Home Depot, Wright Fuel and Purchasing Cards).
• 1099 maintenance.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements as well as research and correct discrepancies.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy
and accepted accounting practices.
• Prepare lien releases and maintain compliance documentation for MWBE requirements.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Interface with procurement department, project managers, accounting department and senior
management on all aspects of the payable process.
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Experience processing accounts payables is helpful.
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
• Excellence data entry skills.
• Ability to organize workflow and manage multiple priorities and processes, meet deadlines and be
able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess a team-oriented mindset and strong interpersonal customer service skills.
• Proficient using computers and experience with large, automated accounting systems is a plus.
• Experience with MS Word and Excel is a plus
• Experience interfacing with Timberline construction software is a plus.
O’Connell Electric is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. O’Connell
Electric affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.