Sheet Metal Workers’ Local #46 Benefits Office- Rochester, NY
Hiring for a full-time Bookkeeper
Sheet Metal Workers’ Local #46 Benefits Office has the opportunity to offer a full-time position as a Bookkeeper. This position boasts a robust benefits package that includes employer paid health care, health reimbursement account, annuity, and pension retirement accounts. Our office is seeking an on-site skilled Bookkeeper that will oversee financial data and compliance for 3 benefit funds, maintaining accurate financial records, and reconciliations. The records are maintained on the accrual basis of accounting.
- Record and reconcile activity in the general ledger on a daily and monthly basis. This includes cash receipts, cash disbursements and all investment activity for the Health, Annuity, and Pension Funds.
- Receive, record and reconcile the monthly employer contributions and making all deposits into the required account. Maintain the required reports, including all employer contributions, in excel and allocate all monies into the associated accounts on a timely basis. Ensuring all delinquencies are reported to the Manager.
- Annual preparation of all required tax Forms (including all 1099’s).
- Prepare quarterly Trustee Financial Reports.
- Tracking delinquent contractors and following up on late payments and over/shorts.
- Work with Funds auditor during annual process for timely completion of the audits.
- Bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Job Type: On-site | Full-time
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to- email@example.com