Oaks Construction is seeking carpenters to join our team. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a fantastic work environment.
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
- 3+ years carpentry experience, experience with kitchen installations and decking a plus;
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, innovative and forward thinking;
- Proper knowledge and use of construction power tools;
- Participate and support implementation of continuous improvement culture;
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to each job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org