$85,000 – $90,000 a year
Full Job Description
Gallina Development Corp/Gal-Son Development is recruiting for a Chief Building Engineer for Innovation Square (formerly Xerox Tower) in downtown Rochester, NY. General responsibilities include the operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to a “Class A” mixed use residential and commercial high-rise office building. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Essential Job Duties:
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe conditions and ensure the safety and well-being of all the building tenants.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include but are not limited to; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations.
- Perform and/or oversee electrical and plumbing repair and troubleshooting.
- Perform and/or oversee water treatment and testing.
- Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
- Prioritize service calls and follow-up upon completion.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend equipment/service upgrades
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians when work cannot be performed in-house. Coordinate contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintains log of work order details.
- Orders parts and supplies as required and maintains stock and inventory control.
- Work with Building Manager in planning and controlling annual and capital budgets.
- Be responsive to tenant complaints in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records.
- Experience in commissioning new construction.
- Experience operating in and managing within a retail environment.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Seven (7) years’ experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance with a minimum of 2 years as a supervisor
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Knowledge and understanding of blueprints.
- Possession of Driver’s License.
- Strong customer service, communication and computer skills.
Other Job Requirements:
- Available and on call 24/7
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to climb ladder
For more than 30 years, Gallina Development Corporation has provided businesses a place they can call home. At Gallina, we take pride in supporting our tenants’ success by providing dynamic work environments designed and maintained according to the needs and expectations of each and every business. Gallina’s spaces are as unique as the businesses that occupy them. Our mission will always be to provide quality commercial facilities in prime locations at competitive prices. Gallina’s innovation comes in the form of flexible layouts and flexible terms and our experience shows in our level of tenant retention.
Gallina Development Corporation and its affiliates are a family owned and operated business. Gallina owns and manages approximately 3 million square feet of commercial space in over 85 buildings and 7 office parks in and around Monroe County. With over 300 tenants, Gallina is at the forefront of providing commercial space to the Greater Rochester community.
With in-house full service personnel and on-site maintenance team, Gallina Development has achieved a reputation of providing exceptional service to our tenants. Whether it’s 1,000 square feet of space or 100,000 square feet of space, Gallina Development is committed to first understanding your needs, then creating the right space for you. Gallina Development’s overall objective is to build and maintain not only work environments of the highest quality but client/tenant relationships as well. Gallina Development Corporation … where innovation and experience meet.
About the Building:
Innovation Square has transformed the former Xerox Tower into a collaborative academically focused campus in the heart of downtown Rochester. Innovation Square includes a 30-story, Class A flagship tower of approximately 525,455 SF which will be occupied by student housing as well as high tech companies looking to collaborate with the student population. It also includes a separate freestanding building consisting of a 17,000 SF two-story office building and a 700-seat auditorium. A recently renovated, multi-level underground parking garage resides under the structure, providing convenient parking for up to 350 vehicles. The building is currently undergoing a comprehensive redevelopment plan including a mixed use concept.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching/profit sharing
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Minimum 2 year Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Rochester, NY