Costich is looking to employ a full-time Resident Engineer/Senior Inspector for inspection of highway and other private sector projects. The position is full-time, not seasonal. Our firm was recently certified as a NYS WBE.
Interested? See below for more detailed information on this open position:
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift (Day shift – Monday to Friday) with overtime
Experience: (See below)
Education: (See below)
Location: Rochester, NY 14608 (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect and document daily construction activities.
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports.
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed.
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests.
- Review claims for extra work and change order costs.
- Assist in coordination of utilities.
- Interpret contract plans and specifications.
- Assist in coordination between the owner, contractor(s) and government agencies.
- Infiltration Testing
- SWPPP Inspections
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The ideal candidate will have highway/bridge/paving/drainage inspection experience
- NICET Level III or higher (required)
- NYS Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (preferred)
- Knowledge of NYSDOT specifications and MURK procedures and protocol (required)
- Microsoft Office/Outlook and/or Bluebeam (required)
- Recent Public Works, NYS Thruway, and DOT retirees are encouraged to apply
COSTICH ENGINEERING EMPLOYEES ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Excellent Compensation Program Including Incentives and Bonuses
- Cafeteria Benefits Plan
- Group Dental, Disability & Life Insurance plans available
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Personal time
- 401(k) Matching Program & Profit Sharing
- Commitment to Continuing Education
** Costich Engineering will not accept applications of candidates who require visa sponsorships now or in the future. Local candidates preferred. Costich Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. **
In response to COVID-19, we are monitoring the health of all employees, visitors and vendors. Temperatures are taken, a health assessment performed and masks are provided. Hand sanitizers are provided and the office is thoroughly cleaned daily.