Diesel Mechanic Apprentice:
Oaks Dumpster Rental is seeking to add a position for a Diesel Mechanic Apprentice for our Dumpster Trucks. This Diesel Mechanic Apprentice would work with our Mechanic to assist and learn how to service our Dumpster Trucks and Construction Trucks, that cover our businesses in Rochester, Syracuse and Buffalo. On the road repairs and services would be completed as well as spot checking of our trucks to ensure they are in proper working order.
Responsibilities of Diesel Mechanic Apprentice:
- Work alongside our Mechanic to assist and learn from.
- Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper running.
- Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
- Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions.
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devices such as motor analyzers, handheld computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
- Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be.
- Replace parts, valves, bearings and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems.
- Measure vehicle emissions to ensure they are in the proper limits.
- Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions.
- Maintain equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; and keeping records.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to life heavy equipment and parts regularly.
- Technical certification or degree in progress preferred.
- Diesel Mechanic experience/shop classes preferred.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Send resumes to: email@example.com