Elderlee, Inc. is a diversified corporation specializing in the manufacture and installation of highway safety products. Started in 1946, we are a fourth generation privately owned company with facilities servicing the U.S. east coast.
We are currently seeking an energetic candidate to fill the role of Junior Engineer.
Primary Responsibilities for the Junior Engineer include:
- Able to travel to performs Field Surveys, stakeouts for projects and pre-construction meetings
- Prepares project material requirements
- Prepares work orders, shop drawings and layout sheets
- Able to communicate with prime contractors, project owners, and other employees within the company
- Organizes and consolidates weekly and final project billing to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to customers
- Maintain work in process material for quarterly inventory of each project. Applies appropriate cost codes to all productions hours
Qualified candidates will possess the following education/experience and skills:
- Knowledge of NYSDOT standards and Specifications.
- Knowledge of NYS Code Rule 53 for underground utilities
- Knowledge of Unions
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering or construction management or one (1) to two (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, including excellent health and retirement benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
Elderlee, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer