SUMMARY: The Mill Carpenter will perform general labor, focusing on quality carpentry skills to complete stairs and other jobs in our mill. You should be able to read a tape measure and be able to learn to use a computer-controlled stair machine, radial arm saw, table saw, miter saws, joiner, band saw, planer, etc. You would also use hand tools and air powered nail guns. This is a physically demanding job with heavy lifting involved.
POSITION: MILL CARPENTER
DEPARTMENT: Morse Sash & Door – Mill
REPORTS TO: Mill Supervisor
HOURS: M-F, 7AM-3:30PM, occasional overtime on Saturdays
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Quality Focus.
- Perform work in high production job
- Operate woodworking machinery and hand
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments
- Communicate problems, concerns, and ideas to
- Identify process
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety to self and
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to protocols and safety guidelines
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external
- Assist in various maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, putting away stock,
- Performs other duties as
- Basic math and reading skills to comprehend and complete necessary
- Ability to follow oral and/or written
- Physically demanding job that requires being able to stand for duration of
- Lifting 50+ pounds
- Able to work Independently with little
- Employee must be reliable, punctual, and safety-minded, with a strong work
- You must also work well as part of a
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of related carpentry experience
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- This position has no supervisory
- Heated Mill, Unheated warehouse with fluctuating
COMPANY: Morse Sash and Door, a division of the Wm. B. Morse Lumber Company. Started in Rochester New York over 167 years ago. The Morse companies provide quality building materials to the construction trades, while treating our customer and employees fairly and honestly. We are a growing company where you will have the opportunity to grow with us.
Contact Ann Maynard to apply at email@example.com