RW Dake Construction is an established construction and general contracting leader across many industries from banking to healthcare to manufacturing, serving clients throughout New York State and the Mid Atlantic.
Job Title: Estimator/Project Manager
Job Classification: Full Time Position
Location: Rochester Office
The responsibilities/functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Capable of performing estimating & project takeoffs with no guidance.
- Has the ability to carry out the entire project bidding process.
- Able to build, understand and maintain a project budget.
- Has a complete understanding of the RFI process.
- Able to keep & maintain RFI logs.
- Able to assist in the preparation of prime contracts, subcontracts & purchase orders.
- Understands the difference between a payment bond & a performance bond.
- Able to request & execute bonding as needed.
- Has a complete understanding of the submittal process.
- Capable of maintaining a submittal log.
- Knows how to keep & maintain a project schedule.
- Schedule, hold & attend project meetings as required by the owner, GC or as the project requires.
- Complete understanding of blueprints/drawings
- Understands specifications/efficient in finding information in a spec book.
- Able to understand the CSI format as they relate to cost codes.
- Complete understanding of project addendums.
- Able to execute & process change orders & change events.
- Able to process invoices from vendors, subcontractors, etc.
- Able to process billings to owners and/or General Contractors (AIA., lien waivers, etc.).
- Able to perform the punch list process- create & maintain associated list & schedule.
- Knows & understands the as-build & closeout process.
- Complete understanding of insurance requirements, limits & who should be listed as insured.
- Understands local construction tax laws.
- Able to read through the front end of contracts & identify red flags or any cautionary items.
- Able to maintain working relationships and open lines of communication with field personnel.
- Maintain QA/QC on projects.
- Able to cultivate sales & new prospective clients/customers.
- Has a growing network. Able to maintain & build both customer & contractor relationships.
- Understands project safety as it relates to OSHA 1926.
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility for assigned tasks
- Two years construction industry experience preferred
- A degree in Construction Management, Design, or Engineering a plus
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Mike Walker, Vice President at email@example.com
RW Dake Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.