JOB DESCRIPTION: The role of the ReStore Associate is to assist with general operations of the ReStore. The ReStore Associate is an integral part of our Habitat team and management both encourages and appreciates the insights and suggestions from individuals serving in this position. This role, while part time, is of great importance and will have a significant impact on the success of the ReStore and are our ability to raise funds and awareness in support of Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
In Store Support
- Work to support all aspects of the ReStore including:
- Customer service and donor relations activities
- Pricing and processing of donated items
- Restock and organize shelves to maintain a positive ReStore experience
- Take phone calls and answer customer/donor questions as they arise.
- Support cash register operations, as needed
- Willingness to lead and cultivate lasting relationships with volunteers.
- Assist with general housekeeping within the store , and help to maintain grounds and exterior of building as needed
Donation Pickup Coordination
- Assist in coordinating ReStore donation pickups, including:
- Talking with donors and scheduling pickups
- Complete donation paperwork and coordination with office staff for proper processing and storage of donor information and reports
- Promote a strong safety culture at the ReStore and on the donation truck.
- Demonstrate safe practices and instruct volunteers in safe lifting of heavy items.
- Work with the ReStore manager to maintain a safe environment for our volunteers, staff, customers and donors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County
- Commitment to ReStore’s mission to support Habitat’s work building affordable homes and stronger communities.
- Experience in retail, customer service, and/or non-profit setting preferred
- Customer service mindset
- Experience supervising, working with, and/or leading volunteers a plus
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic: natural team member who thrives working with people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Must possess a Valid New York State Driver’s License and clean driving record (Commercial Driver’s License not required).
- Certified in CPR/First Aid (training and certification will be provided)
- Basic computer skills (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
Works in store and warehouse environment, as well as outdoors and on the road, even during inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level will be loud at times.
Physical requirements include being able to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina, and the ability to lift and carry at least 60 pounds, go up and down stairs, and endure the full work day on their feet. Must be able to frequently communicate in English (verbal), working as part of a team and supporting staff and volunteers.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF ONTARIO COUNTY TEAM MEMBERS SHARE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- Passion for Habitat’s vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Believe in a hand up, not a hand out for those working to better their future.
- Possess an “above and beyond” attitude – nobody here works just for a paycheck.
- Are creative problem solvers that work across teams.
- Embrace diversity, and promote a culture of inclusion.
- Thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “ReStore Associate” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.