TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Exempt (Salary)
SALARY GRADE: 6
SALARY RANGE: $60,237-$90,355
Senior accountant responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliation,
maintaining the general ledger, processing weekly check runs and performing other accounting duties.
• Downloads monthly bank statements and prepare monthly bank reconciliation on multiple entities.
• Responsible for month-end closing of multiple entities including monthly journal entry preparation,
balance sheet account analysis and reviewing income statement for misclassification of expenses
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages to be reviewed by the Accounting
Manager and post to the investor portal.
• Maintains Fixed Asset software with new additions/disposals on a quarterly basis.
• Prepares cash disbursements and process check runs for Property Management Companies
• Manages parking lot cash receipts, monthly invoicing and prepare monthly ACH.
• Manages request for workman’s comp audits for various entities.
• Prepares Monthly Management Fee Calculation uploads to system.
• Update Excel real-time checkbook with daily activity.
• Assist with completion of credit applications.
• Complete W-9 forms for vendors.
• Provide as backup support to Accounts Payable as needed.
• Assist with the preparation of annual 1099’s
• Assists the Accounting Department in any additional projects or assignments as necessary.
• Various other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager and CFO.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Bachelors’ degree in accounting is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience.
• Must be proficient in the operation and use of standard office computers and accounting software’s.
Experience with Sage 300/Timberline and AppFolio preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Standard.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and work within established deadlines with accuracy.
• Demonstrate concepts of Riedman Core Values, collaborating with others and displays enthusiasm and
• Strong Accounting and mathematical skills.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a standard office environment with low to moderate level of noise.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.