Who We Are
Kovalsky-Carr Electric Supply Co., Inc. is a third-generation, family-owned electrical distributor founded in 1921. We are the leading Square D distributor in the Rochester, NY area and primarily serve the commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential construction markets. Kovalsky-Carr is a City of Rochester Top 100 company.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to lead our team in Rochester, NY! This is a working manager role so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and support your team by working next to them. This individual is responsible for all the inventory management which helps our company reach the growth, profitability, and sustainability goals we have set. A collaborative attitude is necessary as this role interacts with various support teams within the organization.
- Review and recommend improved operating policies and procedures. Ensuring the proper implementation and maintenance of approved changes.
- Evaluate and making recommendations regarding employment, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers, and terminations of personnel.
- Guide and advise personnel in the more complex phases of their work, as well as suggested training.
- Drive Quality alongside profitability in the company.
- Keep will call report up to date and accurate by working with the inside sales team to ensure queues and trackers are addressed in a timely manner.
- Update Timekeeping System daily and transmit payroll as required.
- Maintain a safe environment for all customers and employees. Responsible for general maintenance, inside and outside the facility.
- Optimize the branch’s inventory to exceed customer’s expectations and satisfaction.
- Work closely with internal departments, combining individual efforts to better serve the customer
- Perform other duties as obvious or assigned.
Additional Duties and train and assist staff with the following
- Receives incoming materials, checking packing slips against actual merchandise received. Inspects materials for obvious defects. Solves related problems and notifies supervisor, as necessary.
- Stocks shelves, ensuring materials are in their designated area. Pulls materials from warehouse shelves to fill current orders, back orders, inter-branch transfers, and will call orders. Carefully identifies quantities and customer specifications. Utilizes RF guns for much of the picking & packing function.
- Packs and ships materials in designated cartons per customer order and department procedures.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks.
- Receives and hangs reels of wire in designated area. Cuts wire to customer specification for counter, will call, and other specific sales orders.
- Posts purchase orders and other related data into the computer system.
- Communicates with the sales department when material ordered is not available.
- Works closely with all internal departments to help us achieve our mission to be “The distributor of choice.”
This Is a Safety Sensitive Position
- May be required to operate powered industrial trucks.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. several times a day, bend, twist, and climb.
- Adhere to all Kovalsky-Carr health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
- Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
- Proven history of Growth and Profitability.
- Desire to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience leading an Inventory Management operation toward short and medium-term strategic goals.
Compensation And Benefits We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Matching
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com