Workforce Development Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Perform outreach and recruiting for our clients throughout the construction industry.
Answers frequently-asked questions from applicants relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring
processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains and updates applicant tracking systems.
- Works with HR to develop and/or maintain written job descriptions for each position as needed.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications, checks references, and selects qualified candidates.
- Communicates employer information and benefits during screening process.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection
- Attends and participates in various functions related to workforce development (career fairs,
seminars, outreach events, panel discussions, etc.).
- Provides administrative support related to HR and Workforce Development functions.
- Assists with new-hire orientation processes.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide
meetings, employee recognition events, retirement celebrations, etc.
- Assists with coordinating workforce development efforts (hands-on training efforts, educational
events, seminars, internships, etc.).
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact,
professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
80 West River Road
P.O. Box 210
Scottsville, New York 14546